Monday, March 29, 2010

Ya freakin pussy!

As I turned away, and headed for the safety of the dishpit my eyes began to well up. It was enough already, and that one last comment broke my back. Of course, you didn't know that, because your comment was actually harmless enough, but when combined with all the other "funny" comments, and the various trickles of venom being trickled from a myriad of muttered sources, the culmination begins to feel like a weight I cannot carry.

I'll freely admit that I may be a delicate little pussy, but I have seen people far tougher than myself reel in the face of some delightful quip from a half drunk moron, or watching the life being sucked out of them by an angry co-worker, or overlord.

As I look around the dishpit I check my watch, take a deep breath, and head back out unto the breach.

Maybe its just me. Maybe I'm too sensitive for this business. Or maybe I'm just tired. Or maybe I'm just getting old and soft.

Either way, tomorrow is another day.

http://www.goyestoeverything.com