Monday, March 15, 2010

Glances At A Map

On the wall to the left of my little desk is a map of the world. Every once in awhile, I look at that map and shake my head in disbelief.

I don't know what it is, but sometimes I forget that I went to some amazing places in the last 12 months, and I find myself looking at the map trying to convince myself that I actually did go to Cambodia, that I actually did share a meal in a remote African village.

Sometimes it all feels like a weird dream. I look at places that I have been on that map, and for an instant I forget that certain locales are no longer dreams, but realities that I have experienced. Would someone please pinch me, so that I may wake up, because, surely the past twelve months are not real.

Four continents, a few charity projects, and empowering  and challenging myself to make my life about something.

It was one year ago today that I put a post on a blog for the first time.

What a long strange trip its been.

http://www.goyestoeverything.com