Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Luxury Of Self Pity

2nd third of 17th centuryImage via Wikipedia
I have wasted so much of my life feeling sorry for myself. My life is not difficult or arduous and for the most part it has been rather pleasant.

This is not to discount the grief I have encountered along the way. We have all had genuine moments of upheaval.

I'm talking about the pointless pouting about things that don't matter. Rampant self pity is the sad by product of the spoiled world in which we live.

Most of our fellow human beings have neither the time nor the cultural permission to feel the luxury of self pity. They are just trying to figure out how to struggle through another day.

So, if you're feeling sorry for yourself, you should consider yourself lucky. How is that for a conundrum?

http://goyestoeverything.com