Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gratitude or lack thereof

{{PAGENAME}}Image via Wikipedia
After I returned from my trip to Ghana, I was deeply dismayed by the demeanour of my fellow citizens ( and myself ) and the spoiled sense of entitlement that WE ALL have. I was also struck by the petty anger that seems to be the pathetic throughline of our national identity.

Make no mistake, most of us are decent people who would like to do the right thing. However,our perspective and lack of appreciation that we have for our privileged place in the world is turning us into a society of spoiled babies.

Anyone who is reading this is among the top one or two percentile of all the human beings that have ever walked the face of the earth. Ya might wanna consider that before you send your eggs back for not being over medium.

Look around you, appreciate how wonderful things are for us, and take a moment to consider the fact that you could have been born into a less desirable space. After all, most of the world lives with a reality far more bleak than our own.