Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Hanoi Bride

Our lives are full of moments in which we strive to be better people, all of us at once both student and teacher to one another with roles constantly reversing. But events are what put the exclamation marks on our existence.

This was a picture I snapped while walking through the Old Quarter of Hanoi, Vietnam. As I was walking down the street a bride exited from a nearby building, and I managed to coax my crappy, but ever faithful Kodak to capture this image.


As the whole street joined me to look at this touching scene, I felt a sense of shared engagement and joy with all who were present. Except for the bride, of course, because for her, it was an event. For the rest of us, it was a moment.

I was also thinking; my goodness, that is one lucky groom.

http://www.goyestoeverything.com