Thursday, February 18, 2010

Welcome To Farch

The Smell of WinterImage by eudaimon via Flickr
I once had a music teacher, a wonderful and gifted musician and actor, a very fine teacher, and, most importantly, a lovely human being.

I remember sitting in class one day when he suggested a brilliant concept, that those of us who live in colder climes can relate to. To this day, I live on an eleven month calender.

His revolutionary concept was that February and March should be combined into one appalling legacy of suffering named Farch, and to me, it makes perfect sense

April may be known as the "cruelest month", but that is only because April holds within it a "faint hope clause" that the weather could turn habitable during its run. In my experience in Toronto, it rarely does.

On the other hand, Farch represents the "dog days" of winter, a trek through a frozen desert with little hope of an oasis.

You might think that it is mid February, but for me it is early Farch. Hang in there, my sisters and brothers, we have a long way to go yet.

http://www.goyestoeverything.com

In Memory Of David Walden