Tuesday, August 25, 2009

OMG, I'm a nerd!

WASHINGTON - SEPTEMBER 22:  Founding President...Image by Getty Images via Daylife
I am blogging about blogging. Its all over now, baby blue. I have crossed the fine line between man and nerd.

The original idea was to share my trip to Ghana with a few friends and most importantly, record details of the journey for my own archive.

Last night I read my Ghana blog with a wistful "was I ever so young?" attitude. I was amazed at how many details I had forgotten and reading through my blog it was almost like I was there. Wait a second.....

I was also appalled at all the typos and long paragraphs and other mistakes. Way back then, (four months ago) I didn't know about SEO, how Wordpress is best, or adsense, or analytics, or twitter or myspace or facebook.

I have even written the worlds first blogging haiku. (please don't google it and shatter my dreams)

If I Post A Blog
And No One Is Reading It
Does It Have Impact?

By the way if you're thinking about what to get me for Christmas, I'm starting to develop a fondness for pocket protecters.