Thursday, August 27, 2009

Embracing Our Common Humanity

I cannot describe the excitement I am feeling right now. I have a second row seat to hear President Clinton speak at BMO Field on Saturday here in Toronto. The subject of his address will be "Embracing Our Common Humanity".

I can honestly say that it has been a long time since I have been this giddy about attending an event.

Like many of us, I have a great respect for Mr. Clinton and to be this close to one of the great men of modern history and to hear his thoughts on this powerful topic is going to be a great privilege. I'm usually nonplussed by celebrities, and I have been in proximity to many over the years at TIFF, but to me Mr. Clinton towers over any rock star or athlete or Hollywood actor.

I am also expecting a lot of emotion, as President Clinton will be attending the funeral of Democratic icon Ted Kennedy earlier in the day, then will fly to Toronto.

I think it is going to be a very profound evening, and I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. I will fill you in on the details, and special gratitude to Kristine, without you I wouldn't have known about this.