Monday, August 24, 2009

Ashamed To Be Canadian

Canada at the League of Nations, 1928. Left to...
When I started blogging, I made a promise that I would avoid politics, but that I would speak about human rights. Hmm... that sounds pretty much impossible. That impossibility finally came to a head when I realized that my own government was still stuck in a mentality that it is Sept 12th, 2001 and it always will be.

I am becoming very concerned about the competency of The Foreign Affairs Department and each and every individual under its employ and the ability of this department to protect the interest of Canadians traveling abroad.

And for good reason, I am even more concerned about my fellow citizens who happen to have brown skin.

People like
Huseyin Celil , Bashir Makhtal , Abousfian Abdelrazik , Omar Khadr , Suaad Hagi Mohamud
, Abdihakim Mohamed.

Other than the list of immigrants above there is also the case of Amanda Lindhout.

Individually, each of these stories frighten me. When taken together, they make me terrified at what my own government is capable of.

http://goyestoeverything.com