Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hope For A Better Life Has No Business In My Canada.

St. Louis Captain Gustav Schröder negotiates l...Image via Wikipedia
My Canada welcomes everyone. I'm a globalist, not a patriot.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/08/14/tamils-what-now.html

Tongue, meet cheek.

 I am appalled that we would even consider allowing people who are fleeing persecution into this country.  My family has been here for 112,000 years. According to my crazy dead uncle, it was my family that allowed the natives in to this country.


Heck if our grandparents had the unmitigated gall to turn back a boatload of Jews fleeing the Holocaust, it would be a disrespect to their memory to allow these people in.


I mean if we keep allowing people to arrive on our shores seeking a better way of life, where will it end? Just because my family did it, doesn't mean your family deserves the same right.

What do you think I am, some kind of immigrant?

http://www.goyestoeverything.com


(editors note) Further research shows that Mr. Stock and his family have not been residents of North America for 112,000 years, and that in fact Mr. Stock is indeed "some kind of immigrant". We're just not sure what kind.