Friday, May 7, 2010

Endings

Beginnings? No problem. I love beginnings. Middles? Middles can be good, too. Endings? Not so much. In fact endings suck ass.

It occurred to me today that an aversion to endings can prevent beginnings.

Actually it started when I began contemplating my dead cat, and the first thing that popped into my head was Thanksgiving Day 2008. That was the day I put her down. Every pet owner has their own "Old Yeller" story, so I shan't bore you with the details.

I know why we have endings, but I still don't like them.

If only things
Could end in the middle

We'd have no pressure
To answer the riddle

And none would pass
And we could all diddle

If things only ended
Smack dab

In the middle

http://www.goyestoeverything.com

Its not exactly Dylan Thomas, but its all I've got.