Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Iromyman Strikes Again!

I used to follow politics with a passion, but now I just follow with a resigned amusement.

A long time ago I accepted the fact I am better off focusing on something more important than what the government of the day is doing.

Lets face it, politics just makes most people angry. It is a rare day indeed that I hear someone say "wow, the government is awesome, and they just did a great thing".

But I tend to disagree, government actually does do a lot of things right every day. We just don't hear about it.

Despite my disgust with the process, I still allow myself to be amused.

It appears that Torontonians are about to elect Rob Ford as their representative. I am not the least bit surprised. I realised a long time ago that most people are stupid, I am just surprised that it took so long for the stupid to get organised. Then again......

The people of Calgary, Alberta just elected a new mayor

You know, that gun loving government hating bastion of land raping big oil interests.

And the dude they elected? An academic Muslim prof who lives with his mother.

Meanwhile, back in Toronto the electorate is poised to vote in a neocon whose rhetoric is more Calgary than Toronto.

Thank you, Ironyman.

I love it everytime you stop by.

http://www.goyestoeverything.com