Sunday, July 24, 2011

Women: I Can Hardly Express



Working in a bar gives one an opportunity to see how a myriad of couples relate to each other. The young, the old, the first rush and the special blush, the bitter and sweet born of time, and true, true love: ever so sublime.

I recently had a conversation with a kind friend of some intelligence regarding the issue of how Muslim women dress, which is in and of itself an ignorant statement, given that the dress of Muslim women varies widely.

Make no mistake, this is a complex argument as it intersects with two sacred cows of western liberal thought. Freedom of religion, and the rights of women.

Through the course of our conversation, my reasonable friend tends to the side of  female rights, that he believes "Muslim women" are being oppressed.

The vast majority of women who are being oppressed are not being oppressed by cultural rules, they are being oppressed by douchebags who turn to monsters once they have control.

Granted, some societies and cultures are better at protecting abused women, reacting after the fact, but the level of abuse against women in our "civilised society" is not significantly less than it is in other cultures

I supposit that western women are being oppressed, but from the other side of the spectrum. Women in western societies routinely have their humanity removed every day. Through advertising, television, and those inhumane shoes that you walk around with. All of it is little more than a conspiracy to remove your humanity. and make you little more than a sexual object to men.

I suspect that eating disorders are not a big problem in Africa. Take a moment to consider why this is an issue in our society.

Muslim culture can be equally as oppressive as our own towards women. And like my western culture, there is a wide range of Muslim women in Arab societies, from liberal to fundamentalist.

Personally, I think we need to keep an eye on the Amish. I never trust a culture that thinks a belt buckle should be worn on a hat. What is up with that?

I'm a uniter, not a divider, and I like to find commonality in the goal of seeking a dialogue.

I ask only one question. Can Middle Eastern culture and Western Christian culture  agree upon one thing?

We both like to subjegate women, we just do it in very different ways.

Unfortunately, I live in a world where I need to warn you that the following video contains the "N" word, and I should also mention that women have been the angels in my world, my point notwithstanding.

Lets face it, we live in a global culture where it is accepted that irresponsible men are allowed to walk away from their moral responsibilities, and women are left to pick up the pieces.

And if you can show me any country on the planet where women forsake their responsibilities more often than men, I will lick your asshole in the middle of a heatwave.

(asshole licking offer is only available upon request, and is limited to three "licks" under precedent law, "Tootsie  Roll Owl v. Tootsie Roll Iincorporated in Ohio Circuit Court, on October 1973, when county judge Sam "Snicker" Snodgrass issued a decison declaring that "anything beyond three licks" be deemed "cruel and unusual punishement". This decision became entrenched in international law, when it was cited by The United Nations Human Rights Tribunal in Geneva, Switzerland during the 2006 war crimes trial of Slobodan Milosevic.)


eisio