Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Art Of Flying Naked

Maybe if I squatImage by toastforbrekkie via Flickr
I've done a little bit of flying this year, and I came to the following conclusion after extensively observing the culture of the average economy flyer. Why do we have this compulsion to bring all this crap with us and that it be present at all times?

I spent a lot of time lugging around a bunch of crap that I didn't need on long flights.

Keep in mind that every piece of stupid and useless crap that you insist on carrying on does nothing more than slow down the line for all of us.

So, in the spirit of keeping the line moving, I offer the following advice.

1. Put all your change in your checked baggage.
2. Do not wear a belt with a metal buckle
3. You're going away for a while, do you really need to bring your keys?
4. Wear shoes that slip on and off easily if you're going to Britain or America.

In short, if you make it easy for security, you make it easier for all of us. I would suggest that the new normal should be that we all try and fly as "naked" as possible.