Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trust

I have always been a trusting person and I truly believe that most people are worth trusting. My experience in Ghana only strengthened that trust. Lets face it, when it comes to the internet it is a place where everyone should use the utmost caution. I am still waiting to hear back from my Nigerian friend to confirm that he is in receipt of my Wealth Transfer Fee (just kidding!).

When I authorized my first donations to The Omenako School Project it was a leap of faith. I was also very concerned about protecting the interests of the people who trusted me enough to support the project. It is one thing for me to get ripped off, it is quite another for my friends to get ripped off after trusting me. I feel a great deal of responsibility to ensure that the money is well spent.

However, the fact of the matter is that Omenako required a leap of faith. The truth is that each of these future projects will have moments when, despite all precautions, a leap of faith will be required. I am willing to take that leap, are you?