Monday, May 25, 2009

Principles

My overall goal is to travel to each continent and create a small project that did not previously exist. The following are the conditions of my manifesto, or a "personal constitution". If my life was a country, these are the rules of law that I live by regarding this goal. Each project I create must meet the following criteria.

1. Address a basic human right. (water, health, education, housing, food, among others)
2. Each project must leave a sustainable legacy.
3. Every penny donated goes directly to the recipients
4. I personally support every project financially
5. I pay my own travel expenses.
6. This is not done through any pre-existing charities.
7. The project is run by locals, they know best
8. Each project is very specific. We can't change the world,but we can improve lives in targeted ways.
9. This is not an official charity, no tax receipts will be issued